In the light of growing concern about degrading natural resources and environmental decay, eco-friendly modes of survival are gaining ground. And composite decking is one of such modes which have gain popularity for its environment-friendly nature. Composite decking is a factory-made building material that uses plastic and wood fibers to form a replacement for timber decking. It is not only eco-friendly but also more cost–effective and durable than the traditional wood decking.
Why should you use composite decking?
Composite decking is being readily accepted as a superior option over wood decking, and that is so for various reasons. Let us look at why composite decking is considered more convenient than the traditional decking materials.
- Composite decking requires very less maintenance than the traditional wooden decking. What it requires is just cleaning with water and soap, but nothing extra. There is no need for frequent re-painting, staining, or sanding.
- The composite decks get superior durability over other forms of decking. Due to a mixture of wood and plastic, the decking material lasts longer and is well–armed against rotting, cracking, or warping. The material is built to minimize water absorption, which makes this kind of decking even better for outside decks.
- As far as looks go, composite decking appears brilliant with all those blends of pure wooden patterns and glossy nature. The color does not fade easily, thus maintaining the natural wooden glow for a long time. Moreover, composite decking is available in a variety of color options to choose from.
- The most important advantage of composite decking is its eco-friendly nature. While pure plastic decking is considered to be the least environment–friendly, traditional wooden decking is also not suitable because it involves the felling of the number of trees. That is why composite decking has brought about minimal use of trees and harmful plastic to prevent environmental decay.
- Composite decking is said to be cost–effective because on a long term perspective, it returns a great value for money. The initial purchase may be a bit expensive, but the total maintenance charges over the years are a lot less than traditional decking.